Services And Facilities Provided By DVLA

DVLA is an authority of the government that provides license, registration and taxation services. If you want to avail the DVLA services, all you have to do is go through the procedure mentioned on their website or enquire about it through the helpline numbers.

Paying Vehicle Tax

You can pat tax of your vehicle, after purchasing a new one, by following the procedure mentioned in the website. You can also enquire about the procedure on the helpline number. You will require V11 letter for the completion the procedure. Of you don’t have these letters, and then you can use your V5 logbook. You can call them on 0300 123 4321, and get your work done. It is the easiest way to complete the procedure. You can also post your vehicle documents, with a V11, a V5C and a V5C/2. Pollution certificate may be required for the completion, depending upon the letter type. You can enquire that from the helpline number. Basically, if you have any problem, feel free to call them.


Paying Tax Via Direct Debit

If you have an account number, a permanent address, then you can pay the tax by direct debit; you just have to write the check by signing it with your signature. Your bank name and sorting cord along with birth details is also required. You should also note that the payments will be take on the first day of the working month but your first payment may not be taken on this day because it will be taken on the day your tax starts. The procedure will carry out when they will receive the post. By that time, if your account doesn’t have enough money, you can contact them to receive payment after sometime, and they will do that after 4 days.

Getting A New V5C

You can get a new V5C, by cutting off the V62. If you already have a V5, then you just need to reissue that log. If you have purchased a new vehicle, then you got have V5 to be on the road.


Pay Through Post Office

You can also pay tax by the help of post office, at the exact time, only if you’re a keeper, of the vehicle you own. You just have to complete the V65 application an you’re ready to go.

You can also remove a registration by simply writing it up to DVLA. You can use the registration plate for different vehicle of yours, or hold it onto for yourself, for further usage in future. This will cost you 80 pounds. And the service is available on the helpline number 0300 123 4321 from 8 am to 6 pm.

DVLA provides following service for new and old users. You can enquire about anything by calling them on their helpline number. I hope you will get your issue solved as soon as possible. This unit of government is very helpful; you just need to give them a call.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *